Modern Day Ninja

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emop Canaries (most of my time spent in the sun)

As unfortunate as it was the Emop Canaries was not kind poker wise to me at all nor was it to most of my fellow Irsh who travelled, Doke himself had pretty much the same frustrating trip as neither of us could cash in the main or side event. I will have to add it was not to our own plays so much as the Spanish armada of fish who drowned our hopes with their um unique style of play or in my own words retarded donk plays which ended our chances of running deep. It is like taking the biggest fish from every club in Ireland and landing them all in one tournament and you have to play v them all with the added deterrent of a handful of some very good players also, to name one would be Johnny Lodden which I had to sweat he was going to sit to my left after first level where the dead stack was but to my luck he quickly realized it was the table across from mine that he was suppose to be sitting at. It is a shame now as if you would have told me I was gonna bust early I'd have jumped at the chance to play first few levels with a player of his caliber but at the time I was all smiles to see him walking away! That's what it is like to play in a 1k event in Spain just so everyone knows, happy days.

My exit hand from the main event was the horrible kk v aa, it was the 150-300 level (same exit level as my last Emop Barcelona where I held aa v 77 all in preflop) and I had been playing great, I had managed to double my stack without ever having it at risk,some great reads and some great raises on the river for value saw my stack reach it's great heights, I picked up kk after two ppl had limped,one of the limper's was crazy guy who was just bonkers check raising ppl on any board and limp reraising ppl n showing the old 62off,so I thought this was a prime spot to win some more chips, I 4x to 1,200 and sure enough came back to the crazy guy and he makes it 5k to go, I just flat so he will continue his madness and that was my plan for the hole hand, flop comes 622 rainbow and now he bets 10k, I flat and off to the turn and it comes the qh which brings flush draw and now the strange bet comes in he makes it just 5k now, again I just flat so if he did hit a q he will continue to over value it, any under pair or continue his weird bluffs, river comes off suit 7 and now he decides to bet 15k which is so weird just the hole makes no sense right now, i take like 5-7 minutes rerunning the hand over and over to see what possible hands could he play this way like if he had the aa why would he only bet 5k into 30k pot when a flush draw comes out it's just not standard for amature players the norm is prob even a big shove with aa but anyway I came to the conclusion against this type player who shows up with the most random hands it's a call nearly every time, I called and he showed me aa which is still a little shocking as I right this lol.

Great tourny the main event and I stress anyone who are even thinking of it to 100% go and play these Emops totally worth it plus over 50k for the winner this time round and the numbers were down for this slightly, easily has the most amount of fish left in the world playing these games plus on top of this does be great craic with all the other Irsh who travel as Steven Merrick Ceo of Irish Eyes likes to have all the Irish at one hotel so the trip can be as enjoyable as possible not to mention the drinks on the house, hats off to Steve!

Side event would be more structured along the lines of a turbo game and again I had no luck with it but had played good so I was not too disappointed when I got knocked out shoving an ace from bb when cut off opened who was doing this alot and the sb flatted, raiser ended up reshoving with 88 and hit a boat on the turn and that was the end of tournies in Canaries for me.

Off to the airport now to catch our flight home, we did have a great dinner last night when Doke took myself and Joy out to dinner in a v stylish Japanese restaurant, the food was absolutely brilliant as I've never had Japanese before I just went for a bit of everything lol crazy I know, also at the end of the night we were treated to a bit of a laugh when the Japanese lady waiter could not hold back from telling Joy how beautiful she looked (which of course she did) and just could not stop starring at her,ha poor Joy a Japanese lesbian coming onto you I don't no what to make of that myself but it was entertaining for us as we all had a good laugh about it, topped off a great week of relaxing in the sun and spa, it was heaven for Joy I am sure of that. Great trip! Ok back to Ireland to walk my dogs good job I have a field just down the road from me,it holds two rottweilers and a siberian husky alot better than my back garden does lol, good luck Gran Canaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

APT Launch & First Thoughts

 It's adventures like these that cause a blog revival.  As most of you know I've created a new poker tour based in Ireland. It is as...